Save Energy At Home
Home Energy Assessments
Mass Save offers no-cost home energy assessments to help homeowners make home improvements that save money, electricity and heating fuel. CET conducts Mass Save’s energy services for Berkshire Gas in Western Massachusetts. Our expert BPI-certified staff will help you identify and prioritize cost-effective improvements for your home and let you know about rebates and incentives to make it more affordable. Making your home energy-efficient is easier than ever with great incentives from Mass Save:
- Save up to $2,000 on home energy upgrades such as insulation and air sealing
- 0% interest HEAT Loan (up to $25,000 – see MassSave.com for the latest offers)
Homeowners who qualify for the loan can finance recommended upgrades such as insulation, air sealing, high efficiency heating and hot water systems, windows and solar hot water. Your first step to qualify for incentives is to sign up for a no-cost Mass Save home energy assessment.
HELPS (Home Energy Loss Prevention Services) Program is delivered by the Massachusetts Municipal Wholesale Electric Company (MMWEC).
HELPS provides energy education, home energy audits, assistance with home energy improvements, and ENERGY STAR appliance rebates to utility customers in the following towns:
Ashburnham, Boylston, Chicopee, Groton, Holden, Holyoke, Hull, Ipswich, Marblehead, Paxton, Peabody, Princeton, Russell, Shrewsbury, South Hadley, Sterling, Templeton, Wakefield, and West Boylston
Eligible home energy efficiency improvement may include:
- Air sealing and insulation
- High efficient heating, cooling, and water heating equipment
- Wireless enabled thermostats
- New construction and gut-rehab projects
- Wi-fi equipped residential electric vehicle charge
To learn more about what each HELPS town currently offers, please visit munihelps.org.
*Peabody Municipal Light Plant (PMLP) customers, please call 978-531-5975 to schedule a home energy audit.
Click here to learn more about our Solar Access program! Solar Access is funded by the Massachusetts Clean Energy Center (MassCEC) and the Department of Energy Resources (DOER).
Own solar panels, a heat pump, and spend less than you do now!
- Affordable home heating and cooling for middle-income home owners
- Participants in the program will get step-by-step guidance through the program, get a 10+ year equipment warranty, have 1 easy monthly payment, and increase the value of their home
- Take the free solar site assessment online to see if you qualify!
“CET performed my first home energy audit in the 1970s, and their programs have been saving me money and reducing my environmental impact ever since. Now, through Solar Access, I will have little or no electric bill plus lower heating costs and the added bonus of air conditioning. This is the first program that really made excellent sense for me financially. Thanks to rebates and incentives, I will own the entire system for less than what I would have spent on heat and electricity if I hadn’t installed it.”
– Nick Noyes, Adams, MA
Whether offsetting your power or installing your own PV system, renewable energy choices make great strides to reducing your carbon footprint.
- Drive Green– Get a discounted electric car
- Green your Electric Bill – Make an easy switch green electricity
- Solar Hot Water– Significantly reduce your hot water heating bill
- Solar Access– Own solar panels, a heat pump, and spend less than you do now!
- Learn more about choosing the right renewable energy system for you! [Link blog with info]
Build a High Performance Home
CET helps building and design professionals design and build homes and multifamily buildings that meet today’s cutting edge standards for performance. Learn more about how we can help you.
- Passive House
- Net Zero Energy
- ENERGY STAR
- HERS Ratings
- LEED for Homes
- LEED for Multifamily
- Blower Door Testing
- Duct Leakage Testing
- Incentive Programs:
Mass Save, NYSERDA, Energize CT
- Single family new construction
- Single family renovations and additions
- Multifamily new construction
- Multifamily renovations and additions
- Mixed-use projects
- Low rise and mid-rise buildings up to 8 stories
- Non-residential buildings