Multi-family energy assessments identify improvement opportunities
If you are the owner or operator of a residential multi-family facility with five (5) or more units on the property, energy efficiency should be a key part of your business plan. Regardless of your income, rate code, or whether the building currently exists or is scheduled for construction, you may be eligible for programs for reducing your facility’s energy usage.
The Center for EcoTechnology offers Multi-Family Energy Assessments for facilities in western Massachusetts to identify cost-effective energy efficiency improvement opportunities.
The following improvements may be eligible for Mass Save incentives:
- Energy efficient lighting upgrades & controls
- Occupancy sensors
- Water Heating equipment
- Domestic hot water measures: low-flow showerheads, aerators, and pipe wrap
- Programmable thermostats
- Air sealing
- High-efficiency heating and cooling equipment upgrades and controls
- ENERGY STAR® qualified refrigerators and other eligible appliances
- Other energy improvements determined on a site-specific basis
For buildings with four or fewer units per property, please visit our 1-4 family energy assessment page.
If you are the owner or operator of a multifamily facility and are interested in an energy assessment, please contact Bill Lafley at 413-586-7350 x222.