By John Majercak, CET President
At the end of 2013, we established an ambitious set of goals to complete from 2014-2016. By the end of 2016, which happens to coincide with CET’s 40th birthday, we intend to:
- Reach 80,000 people and businesses.
- Save energy equal to taking 40,000 homes off the grid.
- Reduce carbon emissions equal to taking 100,000 cars off the road for one year
- Create $100,000,000 in lifetime savings.
With the first year completed, we are well on our way to reaching our goals. You can also watch a video version of this information:
In 2014, we:
- Reached 29,207 people and businesses. (36.5% of the goal)
- Created $47,221,496.00 in lifetime savings. (47.2% of the goal)
- Saved energy equal to taking 15,687 homes off the grid for one year. (39.2% of the goal)
- Reduced carbon emissions equal to taking 37,861 cars off the road. (37.8% of the goal)
We’re now more than a third of the way to every goal (and almost halfway to the lifetime savings goal!). We could not have done this without our many partners including utility companies, government agencies, local communities, and local contractors.
Thanks so much to all of you who took specific actions that added up to this big impact! You can see the inspirational stories of some of these folks in these videos. For example, a record number of people (14,150) shopped at our EcoBuilding Bargains store and reused a record number of tons (382) of materials. Hundreds of Massachusetts businesses took on projects that saved $3,157,947.00. And you invited us into your homes to install 99,071 energy-efficient lightbulbs!
Together, we have done so much in this first year to progress toward our goals. But there is still a lot of hard work to be done. Thank you for your support! Every home energy assessment, new follower on our social media, donation to our fundraising campaigns, purchase from our EcoBuilding Bargains store, and signup to our EcoBytes or EcoBuilding Bargains eBlast contributes to our efforts to help people and businesses in Massachusetts save energy and reduce waste. We hope you’ll continue to be our partners as we approach our 40th anniversary. Go green!